Thu, Sep 14|
Virtual Retreat (Choose your own location)
Story Leap Weekend Writer's Retreat
If you're looking to sling shot yourself into a deeper understanding of a story you're working on (be it fact or fiction) this weekend retreat will do the trick. Sign up, clear those dates, and get ready for the lift off.
Time & Location
Sep 14, 8:30 PM EDT – Sep 17, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtual Retreat (Choose your own location)
About the event
If you're in danger of never writing that unwritten story/passion project locked inside you, and are looking for a serious kick start, to sling shot you back on the path, then you'll want to sign up for our upcoming retreat, Story Leap.
Story Leap Writer's Retreat is a weekend workshop intensive designed for writers of all levels (beginner to professional) looking to catapult themselves into greater clarity around the emotional underbelly of a story they've either been burning to write, or are looking to find from a deeper place within.
Through a series of writing prompts and in-depth group discussions, writers are invited to let their left brain take a vacation, while they are guided, step by step, into an accelerated deep dive through the 12 phases of an archetypal journey. This process helps them to find and harvest the big picture, emotional truth of a story their heart wants to tell, and prepare them with the foundational answers needed to finally start writing that, always challenging, "shitty first draft".
You should join us if..
- You're writing a memoir and looking for clarity on which aspect of your story will be the most dynamic to tell.
- You're looking to find and/or deepen your next idea for a novel/screenplay, and need help tapping your most valuable resource: your own heart.
- Or if you're at a crossroads/time of re-invention, know you're in need of a leap in personal growth/creative recovery, and are open to giving transformation through archetypal storytelling a try (aka rewriting the story that is your life.)
What you can expect..
- Guidance on prep, to ensure the retreat is as nourishing and highly productive as you can allow.
- A 3.5 day guided journey with the creative soul in mind. The schedule consists of just the right mix of 12 inspirational prompts/pondering time (which can be enjoyed out in nature or any other inspired location of your choosing), focused writing time (also in a space of your choosing), and 6 group coaching check in calls with your new virtual writing community that quickly feels like family (thanks to the nurturing tone coach, Holly Payberg-Torroija creates.)
- A 30 minute one-on-one follow up call to ensure you continue to harvest all the breakthroughs that bubbled up during the retreat.
- 1 month free membership to the Loving The Process writing network, with daily writing salons. (due to the holidays, membership will be extended to Jan 12th)
If you're ready to give your creative self this gift of focused, uninterrupted attention. If you're hungering for this type of accelerated leap to greater clarity and direction for the creative path ahead, then sign up now.
What people are saying...
"The SLWR took me from having lost the thread and motivation to write the book I wanted to write to enthusiasm, clarity and a whole new angle. Her ability to make me feel safe enough to explore new areas and depths is profound. I think she’s a writing witch!" -- Kelly Carlin
"Holly's Story Leap Writer's Retreat was such a powerful and cathartic experience for me. I'm someone who has had a myriad of stories living in my head for years, but always struggled when it came to getting ideas on the page. Holly's incredible prompts and gentle supportive coaching helped me break through my barriers and see my characters and story clearly in writing for the first time. Our time in small group discussions was also the first time I had ever read my words in front of others, and the support of the other writers at the retreat was phenomenal." -- Kate Ostergren
"Everyone told me to sit down and write my story. Never would I ever want to do anything anyone ever told me to do. Holly is the first coach who did not tell me to sit down. She only asked me to show up. I took the leap. I showed up. The amount of creativity that has poured out of me so willingly now is immeasurable. I still do not have to sit down. I run to show up for me and the endless creativity I have still inside. Take the leap. I promise you will fly." -- Noelle DeAtley
"Although I thought I was nearly through with my manuscript, I joined Holly's writer's retreat. The timing was great because she showed me how much deeper I have to go to set everything in motion !" -- Erika Fay
"The retreat is not just a workshop on writing but a deep dive into what feeds your soul. When I cleared the space and time to focus on the retreat, no distractions, I figured out a problem with a script I'd been struggling with for months. I realized through the writing exercises that I had written an entire outline for the script. Holly's Story Leap Writer's Retreat was the best gift I could have given myself." – Susan Ashley
So what do you say? Are you ready to take that leap?
***Using this retreat to create your own adventure is highly encouraged - for e.g. getting a group together and renting a mountain house. We merely ask that each member of your group sign up for the retreat individually. (But please do ask about our group discounts)
ABOUT YOUR COACH
Holly Payberg-Torroija is a writer, writing coach and founder of Loving The Process, where she is committed to helping storytellers get out of their own way, so they can dig deep and write the stories only they can write, all while learning to love their creative life and process.
She draws from her own 30-plus years as a writer, slaying those mental dragons, as well as her development experience in Hollywood (a whole other brand of dragon), to coach writers through every step of the process from concept to completion and beyond. Her programs reflect a holistic approach to creative development, as she firmly believe one can't separate the art from the artist. Both need to be tended to. With that in mind, she offers a brand of support she wished she would have had, and wisdom she wished would have been shared.
For more info about Holly click here
1 hour 30 minutes
Zoom Call - Retreat Kick OffZOOM
Solo Writing Time / Prompts (Steps 1 & 2)You Choose
Includes prep suggestions, 12 guided prompts, 6 group coaching calls, 1 follow up coaching call (30 min) and 1 month free membership to the Loving The Process online writer's network.